- Elementary School – Pre-K thru 5th grade for Army personnel stationed at Fort Stewart. Facility includes classrooms, computer labs, gymnasium, multipurpose room with stage and kitchen, information center (library) and administrative offices.
- BBA provided all civil/site planning, permitting, and design services on the design/build team for the design and construction of the school and supporting site improvements. Key site components extensive utility design to support the demands of high peak loadings on all utility systems as all students go thru class changes hourly.
- The project includes parking facilities for all personnel and visitors to the facility. Extensive roadway design to support visitors, deliveries, bus traffic as well as parents picking up their children, all with the safety of all children in mind.
- Site design features of playgrounds for the various ages of elementary school children at the school.
- Certified LEED Gold, in accordance with the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System Version 2.2 for New Construction (NC).”
- Designed to meet the Department of Defense Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings, in accordance with the Unified Code Criteria 4-010-01.
United States Army
Fort Stewart, Savannah, Georgia
Project Area: 15.8 Acres
Facility Size: 967,155 Square Feet