- A two (2) company Fire Station to replace the existing facility. The station has three main function areas; Apparatus Equipment and Maintenance, Living areas, and Administrative and Training areas.
- BBA provided all of the civil/site planning, permitting, and design services on the design/build team for the design and construction of the fire station and supporting site improvements. Key site components include reconstruction of the intersection and traffic signal at Gunston Road and 16th street.
- The project includes significant redesign and upgrade for portions of the existing storm drain system on the base.
- Certified LEED Silver, in accordance with the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System Version 2.2 for New Construction (NC).”
- Designed to meet the Department of Defense Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings, in accordance with the Unified Code Criteria 4-010-01.
United States Army
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Project Area: 1.9 Acres
Facility Size: 14,943 Square Feet